Saturday, August 23, 2008

Joys of Owning a House

We've been in our home for a little over a year, and lately, we've noticed there are a few things we need to maintain. One them being keeping our tree limbs trimmed, so they won't rub against our roof shingles. I got an estimate from a local tree trimming company, and I could not believe that to trim one limb, it'd cost us about $200?! So, I called Brad and before I know it, he had gone to Home Depot, bought a pole saw and there were tree limbs all over our yard. Unfortuntaly, I missed the action, but he was too pumped about his new toy, that he went out the next day to see what else he could saw off.

Of course, mowing is necessary, so I thought y'all would get a kick out of this picture, where Brad took all precautions against the heat and having any grass come into contact with his legs (Brad note: it was over 100 degrees):
We've also been meaning to install a fan in our office, since it tends to get a little warm in there, but we'd been procrastinating since we had no idea how to install one. But a few weeks ago, we decided we had enough and we went out to buy one, brought it back home, and voila! We have a new fan in the study - I think Brad's dad would be proud;)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

cutting limbs and installing ceiling fans,Chip off the old block.AH?

Brad and Deania said...

you know this...man!!!

The Keylors said...

I'm so glad you guys have a blog. Otherwise I would have missed out on seeing brad in his awesome yard mowing splendor! Ha! You're even "street" when you're mowing Brad. : )

Ash